Thursday, May 14, 2020

The plumber cometh

On Tuesday I noticed that there was water on the bathroom floor in front of the cabinets under the basin.

This had happened before and I'd put a plastic container under the pipe to collect the drops, but that had stopped, or so I thought. Obviously not. It was taking 6 or 7 hours to fill the container so I could avoid a flood.

So this morning I rang the local plumbers (just around the corner) and booked someone this come this afternoon.

I went into 3MBS this morning to record Richard's program for Saturday. We got coffee and cakes from Cam's and retired to the kitchen. Then it was up to Studio 3 to record. All went very smoothly and I was home before noon.

The plumber came just after 1pm - he assessed the problem quickly saying it was a fairly simple fix. When he was done bye told me that my water pressure was 800 (don't know the units) when it should be 500 and said he could fit a valve which would bring it down to the proper level. I said he should go for it.

All up it cost me $770 - not cheap, but if not done could cost me much more in the future.

Had a lovely chat with Stewart P this evening - we'll Zoom some time next week.

Pelargonium

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home