Saturday, May 02, 2020

Opera and a play

This morning on my regular trip to the IGA I discovered that their Eftpos system was not working. Luckily I had some cash on me, enough to cover what I was buying there plus enough for a coffee from Mavis.

This afternoon was fairly uneventful except for another walk, this time to Victoria Street to get some cash in case the Eftpos is not fixed by tomorrow.  And also in advance for the next visit from the cleaners.

I also made a loaf of bread, which looks quite good - I mixed in a handful of oats.

I watched the Barrie Kosky production of Eugene Onegin, from the Komische Oper, Berlin,  which I quite enjoyed, despite not being a huge fan of the work.  I rather liked the production and the Tatyana of Asmik Grigorian (from the Salzburg Salome) was outstanding.

It was still reasonably early when the opera finished so I streamed the Frankenstein from the National Theatre. I chose the version with Benedict Cumberbatch as the monster. The National certainly delivers the goods in the sets and effects department. Overall it was quite food.

Doug B. emailed to alert me to the tenor Benjamin Bernheim and after checking out a couple of YouTube videos I ordered his CD from Readings Online. It might take a while to get here.

Oh, and yesterday I got an email from the bank saying that they'd deposited the remainder of the money I lost through fraud into my account. That's a relief.

Street scribble

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home