Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Zooming

Today I spent quite a bit of time using Zoom.

First up was the Wednesday morning tea with colleagues at 3MBS. There was a good turnout, around 20, and, because I was using the desktop I could see everyone at once.

Then, at the usual time, Margaret and I did The Age quiz, though today we did rather badly  - only 9 points.

Around 2:15 I joined Dennis and his ESL class for conversation practice. Two women from China, two from Vietnam and a guy from Argentina. His was probably the best command of the language and the Chinese women barely said anything. We covers a range of topics and I think it went reasonably well. I wonder what Dennis thought.

Just before this session my latest produce box from The Farm Cafe arrived. Less kale this time (a relief), and a couple of pears (a pair) and an avocado.  And a few chocolates!

Later I  the afternoon Mariese arrived with a couple of cheeses for me - half a brie and some haloumi. We had a good chat.

Tonight I watched another episode of Hollywood. It's a video roman-a-clef and not a little soapy but it has a good helping of good looking, and sometimes naked, men in it so I'll probably watch the whole thing.

Banksias inn Marine Parade

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home