Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Witless

IT'S SILLY -- I lay in bed this morning mentally writing this blog post, but do you think I can remember any of my searingly witty and pithy commentary?

So, it's been more of the same over the last week: work, rehearsals and eating. The first German 2 class went off OK, though it's hard to tell after just 90 minutes. Though since then I have realised I need to do a shit-load of revision -- I've forgotten so much. I sat down today with the text and worked through some exercises, but it was all a bit depressing.

After German class I sprinted over the river for the first rehearsal of the St Matthew Passion. Graham took us through most of the choruses for both groups and, while he attended a church council meeting, we sang through all the chorales. This week Stephen Grant will be running the rehearsal with Graham at the piano.

On Saturday night DG and I went for dinner at B&P's: lovely Stephanie's lamb cooked with onions and beans (lots of lovely fibre for P) preceded by french onion soup. I took a bottle of the Torbreck Woodcutter's shiraz we'd bought on our Adelaide trip. Delicious. We discussed plans for Easter at Newstead.

Then on Sunday (lunch at Mum's as usual) I went down to DG's to help him with his computer. I installed IE6 and tried to set up his Gmail account, with limited success. In return he cooked me a wonderful roast chicken followed by yummy Xmas pudding.

Despite all the food mentioned I am seriously trying to cut down my intake and mostly succeeding. I'm making myself eat smaller portions and, in particular, eating less at lunchtime. Making my lunch is the easiest way to avoid canteen temptation and helps me finish off leftovers. We'll see if it has any effect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home