Thursday, January 27, 2005

Hot and bothered

OVER THE last few days we've had some pretty stinking weather, but there was a late change yesterday which was rather pleasant. Sleeping has not been easy, though sitting up late tends to get me tired enough to go out fairly quickly. The forecast for the next few days is a bit more manageable - high 20s to low 30s.

My problems with the upcoming rehearsals and concerts have been largely ironed out, though I may have to top and tail Monday rehearsals. At least I won't be bored. We kick off on Monday with our first Gloriana rehearsal for the year.

Last night I got some nice (if rather warm) exercise when I walked to Carlton to meet B&P at the Nova cinema where we saw I [heart] Huckabees. It's a very enjoyable, intelligent and funny film; Lily Tomlin just breaks me up. Afterwards we all had dinner at the Park Hotel where, despite its being very full (I always forget about public holidays) our dinners came fairly promptly. I had a quite nice Thai chicken salad, P the matching beef salad and B the "grown-ups" fish fingers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home