Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Jumping Jack...

THE LAST
week has gone past in a flash - Gombert rehearsal Saturday morning followed by lunch and shopping with P&B. Sunday was passed riding to Mum's in the am and training it to BN's in the pm. BN is living smack bang in the middle of a renovation which is not much fun for her, though she's still grinning. She's been told that in a week or so it should be more manageable, but let's wait and see. When it is finished it will be great; what a shame it's so messy getting there.

Monday was Gloriana in the evening after a truly horrendous day at work. I felt like the sorcerer's apprentice (cue Dukas) - every time I thought I'd cleared up a problem, four more (five? fifty-five?) would spring up in their place. Unfortunately when I ran screaming out of the building I had neglected to do a couple of things which would have made life for others much easier. This was not helped by the fact I had yesterday off. So this morning was spent cleaning up (most of) my messes.

Yesterday I spent trying to get myself organised enough to get my tax return done - unfortunately I seem to have lost what used to be called a group certificate. I think I've put it in a very safe place - and we all know what happens when you do that. I've requested a replacement from Sydney. In the evening Tat was back for dinner before we spent the rest of the night rehearsing the Pärt (which is growing on me).

Today was a lot easier (once the fires were doused - pardon the mixed metaphors) and I'm looking forward to a relaxing dinner chez B&P.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home