Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Yeast affection

AFTER A long break (months and months) I have finally reacquainted myself with the wonders of yeast. What a magical substance this is which allows us all to make our own bread. As you may have worked out, Friday's pizzas were a success, piled high with salami, buffalo mozzarella, olives and tuna, roast capsicum and capers. P&B seemed to enjoy the eating as much as I did the making.

Then on Sunday I baked myself a loaf of bread - I used a mix of white and wholemeal flour to which I added a good handful of oats. It's yummy.

I am really starting to like the Pärt and think the concert will be a cracker. We start rehearsals tomorrow for the Bach (after the first German 2 class); there's only a handful of rehearsals so I will have to make sure I know it well.

I'm working again tonight after a lazy day -- my main highlight was walking into town along the Yarra after catching the Hoddle Street bus to Swan Street. A very pleasant diversion which climaxed in an iced chocolate at Fed Square before work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home