Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Dilemma

I'M AFRAID I've painted myself into a corner. I had an email from GL yesterday about the upcoming St Matthew Passion at St John's Southgate (to be done in cooperation with the VCA). Oh goodie, I thought, enthusiastically.

Well, no, as it turns out, things are never that simple. They're planning on doing it on Palm Sunday -- which just happens also to be the date of the first Gloriana concert. And the day after the first Gombert concert. So I sent an urgent email to Gloriana's beloved leader who rang me back later. A conversation ensued in which it was revealed that AV and I are not the only Gloriana members who want to sing in this passion. Moving the Gloriana concert later bumps into Easter and/or the school holidays so AR in his wisdom has elected to move the concert forward by a week. Many thanks Andrew.

Now I just have the problem of the Gombert concert the night before... oh, and how do I juggle Monday evening rehearsals for two groups at once? Well, I think there may well be a bit of spreading myself thinly over some rehearsals; leaving one early to arrive late at another.

Now let's have a look at my work rosters...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home