Friday, July 16, 2010

Opera and a farewell

Last night P&B and I went to the Playhouse to see Victorian Opera's production of Britten's The Turn of the Screw. An excellent cast brought this spooky work to life supported by a small but terrific orchestra - the production brought out the eerie qualities of the opera, particularly the appearances of Peter Quint and Miss Jessell. Danielle Calder's Governess was wonderful; in a long demanding performance she was able to show the character's concerns, particularly her doubts about what she thinks is happening. It's not my favourite Britten opera, but I won't pass up a chance to see it.

This afternoon I went into The Age for a farewell to LC, who has been working there for several years in Photo Sales. There was a good spread of food (thank you to NE for the chocolate/rice bubble slice) and, more importantly, a lot of my ex-colleagues to catch up with.

The weather continues cold, but hey, it is Winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home