Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Films and music

Busy day, today. This morning I had my coffee at Journal, the café at the CAE. Then I headed to ACMI, only stopping at an ATM to get some cash, to see the Tim Burton exhibition. It is full of some amazing drawings and film-clips - some of his cartoons remind me of a cross between Ronald Searle and Hieronymus Bosch. There was a nice one of "the hunch-back packer at Notre-Dame". There were lots of people there (I had to queue for about 10 minutes) and it was a bit hard to get a good look at some exhibits.

The exhibition reminded me of a number of his films I'd forgotten about, including Beetlejuice and Ed Wood, which I should chase up.

After a quick lunch in the ACMI café I jumped on a tram down to South Melbourne where I met up with Peter Rowe at ANAM for a splendid recital by three talented young pianists - playing Franck, Rachmaninoff, Liszt and Chopin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home