Friday, November 12, 2004

Thursday evening

LAST NIGHT I had a wonderful meal at P&B's -- soto ayam followed by delicious lamb kebabs on cous cous and salad. Yum. Kath and Kim provided the entertainment.

Poor Spencer is not looking very well; he's not eating much (at all?) and is very bony. He sat on my lap for a while -- he's lost a huge amount of weight.

The plants are looking good after all the rain, though I hope we've got a bit of drier weather so I can get back to the mulching. The roses are very fine. The downside to the rain has been the enormous number of snails that are storming the garden; I opened the front door the other day and there was a large one halfway up the door. It didn't last very long.

Tonight I finally get to hear one of the MSO concerts I booked with M&D -- Petrushka. It will be one of Markus Stenz's last concerts in Melbourne as Chief Conductor. P&B really enjoyed last week's Strauss concert which was in the Town Hall. Unfortunately, I'll also miss Markus's last concert, Mahler's second symphony, as we will be on our way home from Adelaide. I'm sure M&D can find another companion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home