Monday, October 25, 2004

Back to normal

Rehearsals galore... Went on Friday night to St John's to rehearse for next Sunday's cantat: Ein fest Burg which is a big sing. It should be good; we have a visiting music director from a church in New York who is very inspiring.

Then Saturday morning to rehearse for the Beethove 9; it's a shocker. The tenor part sits very high but also jumps around all over the place -- I suspect all the other parts are just as bad. After rehearsal had lunch at P&B's before we did the regular shopping run.

As we weren't able to get tickets for Gurrelieder B&P got tickets to see Simon Keenlyside singing and dancing in Winterreise, which I saw on Thursday. It was a great performance of the cycle, but I'm not sure that the dancing added much to the experience. One plus was the use of surtitles which allowed for instant translation. I cooked for DG on Saturday; it was a lovely evening.

Sunday to Mum's as usual -- Ian turned up after lunch with photos from his trip to Indonesia; quite a lot of them actually. I must get my act together and sort out my pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home