Thursday, October 07, 2004

Edinburgh - at last

It's been a while since my last blog. Just a quick catch-up: The Trojans was good... and bad. Musically it was terrific with some great performances from, in particular, Dido, Aeneas, Hylas and Cassandra (though she did sound a little underpowered -- possibly because of the size of the theatre). The orchestra and chorus were also great. However the production left a lot to be desired; the third to fifth acts were slightly better, perhaps helped by a different designer for these acts, though there were sillinesses throughout. Still, I'm glad I saw it, though I'm happy we weren't in the gods -- heaven knows what you'd be able to hear from there.

Glasgow was a bit of a wipe-out: it was unfortunately very cold and wet. I spent all Tuesday travelling to Mallaig via Fort William and back, a trip which was less than successful as the clouds obscured much of the view. The sun did manage to break through a couple of times which made the exercise worth it.

This morning I caught the train to Edinburgh where the sun was shining (at least it was up until an hour or so ago). I wandered along the royal mile and took myself through the castle and finally contacted Audrey about my trip to St Andrews tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home