Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Damp-burg

Hamburg is wet. Not pouring, but a constant drizzle. Which means I haven't really seen all the wonderful sights. But I do like what I've seen.

André B took me out last night for dinner: I had very delicious roast duck with a fruity sauce followed by a form of tarte tatin which was heavenly. Then we moved on for coffee before A dropped me back at my very comfortable hotel, Alsterblick. It may not be four star like the one in Berlin, but it's a great deal nicer with a lovely view over the lake at breakfast.

This morning A picked me up and we launched ourselves into the middle of a traffic jam. We ended up at the harbour area where we looked around a bit and ended up climbing all the way up the tower of St Michael's church. As the lift was inoperable, my legs are still complaining. The view was, well, disappointing, as the cloud was very low; we could make the nearer buildings, but no panorama.

This is very abbreviated, but I'm running out of time. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home