Monday, November 15, 2004

Burgled... again!

WHEN I GOT back from rehearsal (and shopping) on Saturday afternoon I walked in the door and immediately realised that something was wrong. Same window, different damage. This time they managed to get away with some electronic equipment and some DVDs. All will be missed.

My immediate response was to express a string of expletives full voice (I was well warmed up after all the top As in the Beethoven); then I jumped on the phone to the police, and also my wonderful handyman, AH. They both managed to arrive promptly meaning that I could still go to the St Michael's Gloriana gig without leaving the house unsecured.

Now starts the tedious business of talking to the insurance company and all the paperwork that will entail. Of course it will all be interrupted by my trip to Adelaide, so goodness knows when I'll be able to watch DVDs again.

Tat stayed for a some risotto on Saturday night and P&B came last night for roast chook -- I needed some human companionship on both nights. I'm feeling a bit more relaxed today; still cross, but less stressed about it all. I think the most disturbing aspect is the fact that it's only just over three months since the last intrusion.

Vale Spencer

I MUST note the passing of dear Spencer, Peter's puss, who had his last visit to the vet's on Saturday after some time of not eating. He will be sorely missed by all who knew and loved him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home