Sunday, September 26, 2004

Berlin - Saturday

Lindy and I met up on Saturday morning and after a short break for Koffie und Kuchen we set off for the Charlottenburg Schloß. We didn't have a lot of time so had a quick run around the upper apartments and the new wing before we had to race back to the Berliner Dom where we were meeting up with Michael and his colleagues.

A fairly long lunch ensued; when we did get going Michael and Samah went off to the Pergamon and the rest of us wandered around the Nikolaikirche. In the evening I went for a walk around the Kufürstendamm and updated this blog up to Thursday.

Before my trip to the Ku'damm I went back to the hotel to have eine kleine Pause. I worked the most direct train route to get me there which turned out to be very interesting. It was obviously using rolling stock left over from before unification and went through some very depressed areas with large tracts of unused land and derelict buildings. I was glad to get off and found another way back later.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home