Saturday, September 18, 2004

Friday

I spent quite a bit of time in the train yesterday -- I caught the train from Charing Cross to Walmer (near Deal) where I went to see Mum's cousin, Audrey. She used to live in a very quaint little house in Deal where I visited her a few times over the last decade or so. She is now in a retirement home; it's a very beautiful old house with an equally beautiful garden (Audrey said it's won awards) and her room is quite large and light.

She was pleased to see me (as I was her) and I filled her in on Mum and the rest of the family. It turns out she's a month older than Mum -- these Johnsons are a long-lived family. It was lovely to see her; there's a definite family resemblance between her and Mum.

Last night I went to Greg's for dinner -- finally met Jo who had cooked a very delicious meal. It was great seeing Greg again; despite the fact we've kept in touch over the years, it's probably over a decade since we've seen each other. He is still the same old Greg, as I suppose I'm still the same old Frank. I had a lovely evening and am looking forward to spending more time with him and Jo.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home