Wednesday, September 22, 2004

At the home of Dr Strabismus (whom God preserve...)

Yes, I'm in Utrecht. But first a quick catch up.

I got back from Derby yesterday and moved into Greg's in Knightsbridge -- went for a walk in the afternoon reacquainting myself with Hyde Park. Then in the evening we all (Greg, Jo, Jo's mother, Louie and Gary) all went for a wonderful meal at a Chinese restaurant in Queensway; fabulous roast duck and pork, chicken with jellyfish, seafood with bean curd... delicious. Jo and his mother jumped in a cab to go home and the rest of us walked through Hyde Park. It was a lovely night, if a little chilly.

This morning I got myself to Liverpool Street Station and tried the prepaid ticket machine, and, lo and behold, it worked! I didn't even have to enter my magic number. I made my way to Stansted airport where I took a no-frills flight to Schiphol. From there I jumped on a train to Utrecht where I was met by Brent.

It's so nice to see him; we've hardly stopped talking all evening. Unfortunately Arnoud left for Spain today so I won't get to meet him. Brent and I stuffed ourselve with pizza tonight and now he's battling with the wireless internet connection to his laptop.

They have the most gorgeous cat, Cassandra, who's markings are in the same style as Pushka's but with more black.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home