Saturday, May 17, 2008

No news is ...

Mum is still in Elsternwick Private Hospital; we're not sure how much longer she'll be there and whether she'll be going home directly from there or not. I've spent much of my time running down to Elsternwick to see her in between rehearsals and work.

I've also come down with a chest cold, which fortunately hasn't caused me too much discomfort yet, apart from a a slight tickly cough.

I had a very tasty meal at B&P's on Tuesday (tasty soup, venison bourgignon, ice-cream) and again last night (more of the soup, delicious salad from the Karen Martini book, rhubarb). They came to my place for dinner on Wednesday when I made the gulyas from Jill Dupleix's Old food which wasn't bad, followed by baked quinces, which could have been better.

Last night it started raining and I understand (thanks to this) that it has rained all day. It was certainly raining this morning, but as I'm currently at work I didn't know if it still was.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anthony Holmes said...

Nothing lasts forever: not even today's rain. It looked like it was easing up at 6pm. Since we'd had great plans for long walks this weekend (twice around the Tan, or maybe up to the MacRobertson Bridge...) it seemed wrong to stay inside. So we set off in a very, very light drizzle, complete with a brolly and rain jackets. By 7pm the rain had eased off. Top temperature in Melbourne today: 9.5C (!)

9:25 pm  
Blogger Anthony Holmes said...

... but because of the rain we only did a short walk: around the Fitzroy Gardens.

9:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home