Thursday, July 26, 2007

Double blind (well, triple actually)

Busy, busy - singing and working. Gloriana went back on Monday night; a really interesting program which I'll talk more about closer to the concert. Because of the rehearsal I missed the call at St John's but as we've got a rehearsal on Saturday afternoon I figure I'll be OK for Sunday morning.

The Gombert rehearsals continue with nearly enough people, though attendance was much better on Tuesday. We'll probably have an extra rehearsal next week, just to be sure.

Yesterday I took a day's leave. First up was a visit to the doctor's to get the results of my blood tests; the cholesterol is OK but she was a bit concerned about my blood sugar levels so has arranged for another test to check if it was just a temporary glitch. Considering both my brother and sister have developed diabetes I was expecting this, though perhaps not quite yet. Let's just wait and see.

DG was originally coming for lunch but had called to defer - he came around later for coffee. The blind man came soon after and fitted my lovely new blinds. After he left (he only took about 15 minutes to do the job) DG and I moved the sofas back to their proper positions and continued our catch-up.

Then later GH came for dinner. It was great to catch up and hear all his news; he's looking well and his work seems to have calmed down a bit. He's off to the snow soon so our next meeting will probably have to wait for a few weeks.

Work today was very busy, not helped by there only being a skeleton staff -because of a combination of rostering and sick leave. But the upside was that the day passed very quickly.

Tonight I'm off to B's for dinner and to watch Inspector Rex and The Eagle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home