Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Smoke and the city

The smoke from the bushfires in the east of the state choked the city again today. The visibility was so bad this morning that sun was a red ball, and the city buildings were barely discernible from the station. More of the same is expected tomorrow though a change of wind is predicted for the morning. Let's hope it blows away some of the haze.

When I opened the front door it was this depressing prospect I saw and I dragged myself unwillingly out into it - I could have stayed at home and finished the cleaning. Equally unwillingly I braved the city and its shopping-crazed hordes.

I hope there is some relief from the fires soon, and by relief I mean rain. There's supposed to be a thundery change on Friday. We'll see.

Though there won't be any relief from the crazed hordes until next week - and I still have to get to the market for the berries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home