Saturday, December 23, 2006

Good news

I had my regular twice-yearly checkup yesterday, giving the usual collection of blood samples to the friendly resident vampire at the health centre. The doctor wrote out a prescription for six months more Lipitor for the cholesterol and before I left took my blood pressure. It was 110/70 which I understand is pretty good.

In the evening I went to the editorial Xmas party at the Northcote Bowling club. Not long after I arrived we were treated to a magnificent downpour of actual rain. Despite the loud music it was quite an enjoyable night the highlight of which was the awarding of the "Wokka Awards", named after Warwick Fairfax. A bit of fun for all.

Off to the slow food farmers' market this morning with P&B. They went off this afternoon to see Dame Edna while I managed to do a little cleaning up and sorting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home