Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Busy, busy, busy

Well, the relaxation from the Easter weekend didn't last long. Work has stayed fairly frantic, to say nothing of the odd extra bits I've been doing for the Intranet re-design.

The highlights of the last 10 days have been:

The return of the errant P&B, who have had a great trip through Spain and Malta and arrived back last Saturday. They came for dinner in the evening and we had a good catchup. They brought me a bottle of gin, which is very nice (but, judging by my current abstemious habits, may well last for some time) and a wonderful recording of Lortzing's Der Waffenschmied. This fits in precisely with my current exploration of German singspiele of the early nineteenth century. And the cherry on the cake was that it's a recording I was previously unaware of. Great.

Sunday morning saw, or rather heard, Tat and me singing again in a Bach cantata (don't ask me which one, I can never remember) at St John's Southgate.

Last night, as I had a holiday from German class, I went for a lovely meal (roast lamb) at B&P's; LE was also there. P had made the most amazing espresso gelati which I ate with great gusto, and a bit of whipped cream.

Later I walked LE home through the wilds of Abbotsford and Collingwood.

This morning was glorious and I made the most of it by getting out into the garden (which I really should do a lot more often), digging, planting, mulching and trimming. I'm determined that the garden is presentable by springtime.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sprechen sie Deutches Requiem?

Robobear is busy frigging around with the organ score, playing email volley with Herr Direktor. I spend waaaaaay to much time at the computer, as my physique attests!

10:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home