Saturday, March 18, 2006

My week

For almost everyone else in Melbourne the high point of the week would have been the opening of the Commonwealth Games but as I was working on Wednesday evening I missed it all. I can't say I'm too disappointed, though I would like to have seen the flying tram. Though the designers must have used an out-of-date Melway as according to a picture in Thursday's Age the map on the the floor showed CAE as still being in Flinders Street - it's been in Flinders Lane for at least three(?) years.

The week has been a little strange because of B&P's absence - they seem to be having fun according to B's blog. On Tuesday I wandered down to CAE for my German class only to discover that we're on a two-week break to coincide with the Games-adjusted school holidays.

I caught up with MG on Wednesday and nephew R came for dinner on Thursday. I manged to get up to Smith Street early this morning for the shopping. DG is coming to dinner tonight.

Yesterday was Mum's 93rd birthday - I'll see her tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home