Sunday, April 02, 2006

Another weekend over

It's been a busy week: rehearsals on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and a wedding to sing for on Saturday afternoon. Then to top it off, a fabulous Gloriana concert this afternoon - we did Tallis' wonderful 40-part motet, Spem in alium. The concert went well finishing with a very satisfying performance of the Howell's Requiem. The Howells was also on the program for my very first concert with Gloriana in 2001.

Having the wedding to sing at made me realise that I didn't have much in the way of clothes that were even minimally presentable, so after work on Wednesday I went into town and searched for some shirts and a jacket. I was ideally looking for a leather jacket as my current one is very old and shabby. I didn't find a leather one (that will happen eventually) but did find quite a nice casual jacket as well as three shirts which will come in very handy.

Work was fairly frantic as well culminating with MC's departure (after 28 years). The festivities were spread over two days with lunch on Thursday and the presentations on Friday. The response from staff all over the building was very moving and deserved.


B&P continue to enjoy their trip, having made it to Barcelona (see here for details).

Reading: Untold stories by Alan Bennett. I gave this to DG for Xmas planning to borrow it to read. Another case of giving as a present something I would like myself. It was a good choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home