Thursday, April 06, 2006

ADSL2 ... nearly

Last month I was offered a free upgrade to ADSL2 from my ISP. It seemed too good to refuse so I said yes. Last week I got an email saying I would be migrated early this week; on Wednesday morning I got a phone call from a guy from the ISP saying that they'd noticed that since the migration I hadn't connected.

It turned out that while my modem/router is compatible it needed a firmware upgrade (Ooo-er!). So tonight I took a deep breath and jumped in head first. It didn't go quite as smoothly as it could have, but to be honest I didn't expect it to. Luckily young JW was available at the end of a phone to provide moral support and advice and eventually, despite the modem/router interface being a bit bloody minded, I finally got the whole shebang working again... and re-established the encrypted wireless network.

All I need to do now is call the ISP back and get them to switch me over to the faster network.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home