Thursday, December 30, 2004

More of the same

NOT MUCH happening at the moment; Had Jim for dinner last night and he updated my PC's BIOS and all the associated drivers (at least I think that's what he did). Thank goodness for broadband as the downloads were quite large.

This morning I faffed around a bit before going for a long-overdue bike ride. Though not before discovering that I can no longer read any of the information on the half dozen Zip discs I have at home. Because I couldn't read any of them I'm inclined to blame the drive so must bring them in to try at work. That is, assuming I can find a PC with a Zip drive on it. So much for the archiving of digital media. Luckily I don't thing they contain anything I can't live without.

A bit of a to-do at work - it seems that no data for Saturday's preprinted sections, such as A2, has been transferred into the archiving system. After about two hours of back and forth with one of our great IT staff we finally tracked the problem down and AK was able to regenerate the data for A2 and assures me that all will be well for the processors tomorrow evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home