Saturday, January 01, 2005

First for the year

I'VE JUST got home after a New Year's party (my first for many years) at Peter C's (from Gombert). Tat and I went and met up with a number of other Gomberts. It was a nice relaxed evening, I ate a couple of sausages and chicken wings and drank a couple of beers (so unlike me). Grantly McD was also there; it was nice to see him again.

At midnight we all made a lot of noise, much kissing and toasting, then Tat and I quietly slipped away.

The past year has been good for me, with two trips away, but not so good for the country or the world -- especially this last week.

I would love to think that each of my readers has made a donation to help those whose lives have been destroyed by the tsunami; every little bit helps.

Let's hope that 2005 will be better for everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home