Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Return of the DVDs

I PICKED up most of the replacement DVDs this afternoon. They stuffed up on one on order but I quickly set that right - and the woman looking after me had identified what I really wanted almost before I got home. God, she's good.

One of the neighbours went away last weekend - we chatted before they went and I promised to keep an eye on their place. I still come home expecting to find my house in a mess (well, worse than normal), windows broken and stuff missing. It is taking me a lot more to get over this last burglary. The worst part was its coming so soon after the previous one. And I'll be glad when all the replacements are finished; must get on to the assessor tomorrow and find out what's happening.

Visited Dr D and the Lotus Master tonight. Had a fabulous dinner and watched digital TV on their wonderful wide-screen telly - it's great. The LM is off to Las Vegas for an IBM conference (yes, that Lotus) next week and is following it up with some time in San Francisco. Dr D and I must do some serious German revision over the next month before German 2A starts in February.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home