Wednesday, March 24, 2004

All right, I'm sorry. I was on leave last week and didn't even think of posting. I gather at least two people missed my boring life.

It was a week well spent, catching up with people and going to NGVI to see the (mostly-good) Caravaggio exhibition, but mostly enjoying what Melbourne does best: Autumn. The weather has been glorious: clear blue skies, not too hot and with cool evenings. Just how I like it.

A visit to BN last week has left me with a bag of quinces to play with. I've already baked one (for dinner with BS last night) and plan to turn the rest into quince paste. BN rang me this morning to say that, on my advice, she'd done the paste thing and was wondering what it should be like; "Purple plastic," I said. I suggested she either cube it and store it in a jar of caster sugar or wrap it in foil to eat as a savoury. Yum.

PR (of B&P) flew to Brisbane on the weekend for a couple of weeks and BS is off to the Blue Mountains at the end of this week. So I am on Spencer duty for next week -- it's always a treat to spend a bit of quality time with the S-cat.

Gloriana rehearsals are going well, though there is an extra call tonight which I have to miss as I'm at work. I think the Jackson will turn out fine; it's going to be a good concert.

On Sunday DR took Mum and me to Rupertswood in Sunbury for my nephew Colin's (second) wedding. It was a lovely day, though starting to cool down by the time we started at 4.30. A simple service outside with a celebrant followed by a lovely meal inside. The building is very grand and has been done up well. It has some very spectacular stained glass at the end of the stairwell.

Unfortunately things dragged a little so, as DR had to get back to Frankston, we had to forgo dessert and leave before 10pm. DR dropped me in town to avoid a time-wasting detour through the inner suburbs. She was home by midnight. I think Mum enjoyed herself.

Monday saw me back at work; I hit the ground running as there was quite a bit to catch up on. I will try to post more frequently to keep at least two of you happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home