Thursday, March 04, 2004

I am now officially the neighbourhood grouch.

Last night after I got home from work (evening shift) I watched a bit of telly before heading off for bed. After reading a while I turned off the light and lay there waiting for the rat to return, or sleep, whichever came first. However the back-yard party at the house over the back, which I had vaguely registered earlier, was still going strong (doof, doof, doof -- you know the sort of thing).

It was after mid-night by this time so I went out onto the decking and called out in my gruff, pathetic voice (I still have a cold, remember), but there was no reaction. Realising shouting wasn't going to be effective I turned on the hose -- that got their attention. Then I was able to call out and ask (tell?) them to turn down the noise. It worked; they packed up and went inside, though one of them did call me an arsehole. At least the New Year's Eve party next door was at least on a holiday, last night was a school night...

I don't know if the rodent returned as I was so tired by this stage that I went out like a light. Bliss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home