Saturday, January 03, 2004

P's surprise dinner on Thursday night was a complete success -- he was picked up at the airport by B's father (which was unexpected) and got home to Abbotsford Street just as I was heating the water to cook the pasta. He had a good time away and is looking well.

Yesterday morning Tat picked me up early and we went off to South Melbourne to sing for Claerwen and Tony's wedding. Everything went off well (I've finally got my brain around THAT bar in the first tenor part of Singet, although I didn't work it out until after the performance ). Not long after we got home CW arrived to do the cleaning (very impressed with the Ha-Ra cloths) so after Tat left I got changed and went out on the bike and spent a very pleasant few hours in Yarra Bend Park reading and listening to the radio.

P came for dinner last night bringing a couple of punnets of berries (one each of rasp- and black-berries) and a container of wonderful vanilla ice-cream (EW's recommended brand). I threw together a typical Friday-night bottom-of-the-fridge risotto (including some of the seemingly-infinite Xmas gypsy ham) and we sat down in front of Blade runner. This was P's choice, and I was very glad to see it again. We scoffed all the berries.

P and I shopped this morning as usual -- though our search for good bread left us having to buy from the health-food shop (not that there's anything wrong with that); the two good bread shops, which were closed last week, being still not back from their breaks. The plan was that when we got back to my place I would do the firmware upgrade on his mp3 player so the WMA files I create on my PC would work on it. Unfortunately the player needed to have its batteries recharged which would take some time, so I promised I would do it and have it ready for him when I go round for dinner tomorrow.

Weather today very pleasant: sunny, but not too hot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home