Thursday, January 01, 2004

I think last night was the noisiest New Year I've ever experienced. I spent the night in front of the TV (Homicide: Life on the street DVD, as the broadcast programs were crap) and listening to the neighbours enjoy themselves. As I am working today I went to bed around midnight, after watching the Melbourne fireworks on the telly (what a strange notion: fireworks on TV).

I read for a bit and turned the light off around 12:30 -- at 1:30, after no sleep at all, I got up and went in next door where the doof-doof noise was coming from. I had to bang on their wire security door for a while before anyone came to talk to me. Eventually the noise subsided, but I was so hyped up about asking them to be quiet it took me at least until 2am to nod off.

Got up at 7am and managed to catch the 7:42 train and so made it to work before anyone else. The usual problems finding papers, but up and running by 8:20. P gets back tonight; I thought I might go around to his place and prepare some dinner for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home