Tuesday, December 30, 2003

I miss my regular visits to and from P&B -- P will be back on Thursday, with B following on January 6. Not long now.

Last night, after racing home to feed the Spencinator, I went to see GH in Footscray. He's been madly spackling and painting his nice new walls and windows. The place is looking good. He's well and keeping himself busy; when he's not working, he's sitting in front of his computer editing video.

This morning got up early and took myself off to see the Community Health Centre's resident vampire -- yes it's time for the blood tests again. Also made appointment next week to see Dr C to get the results. Then set off to feed Mr Spencer - he was very friendly, rolling around on his back for me to rub his (rather matted) tummy fur. After filling his bowls I set off to Johnston Street where I promptly missed a bus. Had to wait about fifteen minutes in the sun; today was a scorcher.

Took myself into town and saw the new Looney Tunes film; the animated characters were more amusing than most of the live actors. Particularly nauseating was Steve Martin's humourless overacting. For all its faults (and I wasn't expecting Citizen Kane) I got a few laughs out of it; I particularly enjoyed the (sometimes almost subliminal) cultural/film references, eg the double line of girls in Paris (Madeline) and the red balloon. And the Daleks. The chase through the Louvre pictures was clever too. But the best part was that I was inside in a cool cinema on cheap day (only $9) while it was forty degrees outside.

Tried to call Tat tonight to arrange Friday (CJ's wedding) but she's engaged, or on the net. So I sent her an email instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home