Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Singing and a birthday

Back to Gloriana rehearsals this week. What fun - it looks as if it's going to be a very interesting year. You can check out the details here. I've sung a few of the works in the first and second concerts, but the third mostly unknown territory.

I never thought I'd sing in Ligeti's Lux aeterna; add to that the Sven-David Sandström paraphrase of Purcell that Tat and I heard performed by the Danish choir Camerata (in February 2006), and concert three looks decidedly scary.

We're also doing a lunchtime concert at Scots Church on Holy Thursday, and later one in Hamilton.

The other main highlight of the last couple of weeks was B's birthday last week. It was pretty low-key, despite it being a big one; I went to dinner on the day to share P's delicious vera bolognese. There was a larger gathering held on Sunday afternoon which I had to miss but we meet again for dinner tomorrow night. All we ever seem to do is eat ... not that there's anything wrong with that.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home