Saturday, November 17, 2007

Super-duper film technology rocks

This afternoon after work I made my way down to the Astor in Windsor to see Ridley Scott's final cut of Blade Runner. It's a while since I've seen the film (I think my DVD version went in the last but one burglary) so I couldn't really identify the couple of new scenes he's added. The film has been cleaned up and was projected using super HD digital projection - what an eye-opener. Steady as a rock, no jumps, no scratches and a crystal-clear soundtrack. A shame it's only on for four nights.

In other news DG came down on Tuesday and we met for dinner in Victoria Street. He seems to be doing well in Newstead and I'm planning a little trip there in a couple of weeks.

Tat got back last week - I haven't seen her yet, but it sounds as if she had a good trip.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny. The last blogger I read also went to the Astor and saw Bladerunner and he too mentioned the quality of the projection.

11:59 pm  
Blogger Anthony Holmes said...

Darn: Coincidentally I happen to be three quarters of the way through reading "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep", the novel upon which Bladerunner was based. I would have appreciated seeing a super duper projection after I finish the novel: but a quick perusal of the Astor's program shows that it was a short run, finishing earlier tonight. :-( It looks like I'll have to locate our Bladerunner DVD instead.

(PS: Even though I've previously seen the movie, the novel has me enthralled. I bought it one Wednesday on the theory that a $20 novel was better value than an $8 magazine. It was.)

10:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home