Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Another week gone

Back to German class last week. I'm a bit rusty but managed to keep my head above water. There are a number of new faces in class and some old favourites, including Dennis. We ate with Anthony before class as this year it's from 7:15-9:15.

On Friday Bach was back on the menu. We had our first rehearsal of cantata BWV 78, Jesu, der du meine Seele at St John's. It's not nearly as high for the tenors as some we've sung, but to compensate there are lots of trills.

GL: Tenors, I'd like to hear a nice strong trill there.
F: I can't trill.
GL: Then perhaps some strong vibrato.
F: I can't do that either.

I suppose we could split the trill between us, like hocket.

Saturday saw us at the Farmers' Market where I bought some rhubarb. The woman who sells it is a bit bossy about how it should be cooked, although following her directions certainly does produce tasty results.

BN came around late afternoon and we sat and talked and watched DVDs, and ate and drank; a very enjoyable evening. I made a rather nice roast lamb salad and some potato salad. We finished with the rhubarb.

At Mum's on Sunday I learnt that her fellow unit-dwellers are bickering about a patch of unnaturally green lawn which has been driven over (by persons unknown, though most likely my brother in his 4x4). If it had been left to die like everyone else's lawn the tyre marks would never have been noticed.

In the evening I went with B&P to LE's for a not-surprisingly delicious meal. We started with a tasty cold green pea and mint soup and moved on to a beef salad. The meal finished with a tasty dessert with nectarines and berries topped with persian fairy-floss. Yum. I left a bit early as I was feeling a bit coldy.

On Tuesday night I went to P&B's for dinner. Their new fridge looks splendid even if it has meant moving the clock. Dinner was splendid (as usual): roast pork, crackling, asparagus and roast potato and pumpkin. All topped off with B's blackberry and strawberry ice-cream. I staggered home, very happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home