Thursday, January 11, 2007

Going well

I finally got to the doctor's yesterday to get the results of my 6-monthly barrage of tests. After waiting for over half an hour I learnt that all the regular results (liver function, blood count, blood sugar, PSA, cholesterol) were fine. In particular my cholesterol is down to 4.2, a level it hasn't seen for some time.

Whatever I'm doing (eating, drinking, exercising ... not) is obviously working so I'll just have to keep it up.

Yesterday P&B came for dinner: I made nasi lemak from this recipe and served it with a pork curry with accompanying ikan bilis (dried anchovies), deep-fried peanuts, deep-fried hard-boiled eggs, pickled vegetables and sambal ulek. It was yummy.

I really think Maeve O'Mara's Food safari is terrific. She talks to Australians of various backgrounds about their food and gets them cooking - not just chefs, but ordinary people in their own kitchens. And the website has all the recipes.

Today, during the morning, a quiet cool change came through, a great relief after the last few days of temperatures in the 30s. Unfortunately there was no accompanying rain and not much in sight.

This morning Tat kindly ferried me and my old turntable over to the B&O service centre in Malvern. They're going to give me a quote on repairing it; it was damaged during the burglary before last when it was unceremoniously dropped on the floor. Let's hope it's not too expensive (though let's face it, anything B&O is too expensive).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home