Thursday, June 15, 2006

Still cold

Well, there goes another year.

On the (long) weekend DG, P&B and I went to Newstead. It was very cold, but despite that we had a lovely time, spent as usual mostly eating and drinking. P made a delicious lamb tagine with quinces for Saturday evening and on Sunday D fired up the barbecue and we had pork spare ribs and the local speciality, bullboar sausages.






This week I've taken a some annual leave (because it's there). On Tuesday I went over to see BN and we had a good natter over lunch which I picked up at DJ's on the way through.

Then yesterday AR came for a sing before his exam today and then later I met LE after her shift and we went to the Canary Club for a very tasty bite before heading off to see the new Disney/Pixar film Cars. It was OK, but not as good as their previous efforts. It was also my birthday, not that anyone's counting.

Today I wandered into town and had my eyes tested and signed up for a rather expensive new pair of spectacles. Thank goodness I can claim some of the cost on the private health insurance I rarely seem to use for anything else. Afterwards I went up to the Con and played for AR's exam; it was only an interim test and was over within five minutes. As I was in the area I wandered over to Carlton where I browsed through Readings and Borders and had a bite to eat before catching the bus home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home