Monday, May 15, 2006

At the farmers' market



Last Thursday I spent an enjoyable evening having dinner with some work friends. Two recently departed co-workers were there and it was great to catch up with them.

Saturday was market day so I went to B&P's where we met up with A&T and we all set off for the market. We were a bit later than usual and there were plenty of people there. I bought some honey, potatoes and some lovely quinces (my favourites).

Afterwards we all went back to P&B's for a delicious lunch of soto ayam and a good chat before B&P and I went to Vic Gardens to finish off our shopping. In the afternoon I puddled about in the garden planting some of the things I bought at the market and later made a goulash for Sunday.

On Saturday night Tat and I went to the Gombert concert (Media vita) which we had almost forgotten about. It was an interesting concert; probably the most enjoyable piece was an extraordinary extended setting by Sheppard.

At Mum's on Sunday as usual; brother IP turned up after lunch. We hear about each other through Mum, but don't often coincide so it was good to see him. Haven't seen my sister for a while, but I hear she's not bad, although she's been having a bit of a problem with arthritis in her hands. This is a real shame as she is an amazingly practical person, always making things, stitching, cutting, assembling, creating - always winning this prize or that at the CWA and other places.

In the evening B&P and I met DG at the Chunky Move studio at ACCA to see Chamber Made's latest offering Corruption. It was a pretty opaque scenario though well performed (danced/moved/sung) with a less-than-gripping score of samples (often very loud) and some adolescent sexual shenanigans (although I'm afraid I missed the defecation mentioned in The Australian's review). Afterwards they all came back and we consumed the goulash (with lashings of sour cream) followed by the remains of DG's wonderful pecan pie (with caramel sauce and cream).

After they left I staggered off to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home