Friday, May 05, 2006

Not a good day

It started when I slept in, or rather when I woke up at the usual time but was convinced it was Saturday morning, rather than Friday. I got up and put the cat out then returned to bed and thought about when I should be getting up as we are planning to shop a bit earlier this week.

Lying there I drifted in and out of sleep with my mind wandering around; suddenly I had the awful realisation that I had forgotten to buy a cake (for work) "yesterday". Now I was wide awake - today was Friday and I should have already been at work half an hour ago.

I threw myself in the shower and dressed; I tried calling work but there was no answer. Three more times on the station and in the train I tried with no success. Finally,when I came out of Flagstaff Station I managed to get through. I finally got to work at 8:55. I'm usually there at 8:05.

It turns out that there had been someone there for some time but that they "hadn't heard the phone"(!) Needless to say I was less than please at that.

The day did improve but I felt as if I was half an hour behind all the time. Spending over an hour in a briefing that was only supposed to last 45 minutes did nothing to change that.

Then a software update to Outlook succeeded in messing up my installation of FrontPage which required another 45 minutes or so to fix. A few things were left undone today.

Things improved a bit when we had black forest cake to celebrate a co-worker's birthday.

Tonight I'm spending a quiet night in front of the telly watching Rebus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home