Monday, January 30, 2006

Too darn hot*

It's been too hot to blog. Well, that's my excuse. For more detail on what I've been up to you should consult Bruce's blog - the details are over there on the right.

On Friday night Tat and I went to the first St John's rehearsal for the year. It was good to be back singing -- it's going to be a busy year. Then on Saturday morning B&P whisked me away to Brunswick for shopping; we tried out the Barkly Square shopping mall for the supermarket shopping, but I don't think we'll go back in a hurry.

In the afternoon I did very little as it was so hot and sticky but P&B and I set off in the evening for Victoria Street where we had a meal at Tho Tho before heading in to Federation Square. There we saw Dr Strangelove at ACMI; it was years since I'd seen it (and I mis-remembered large slabs of it) but it stands up well.

On Sunday I made my usual trip to Mum's, made even more enjoyable by her convenient cooling apparatus. She's much the same; her leg is getting better but she still hasn't driven for some months.

In the evening P&B came for dinner - I made a couple of pizzas (it's cheating really, as they're so easy to assemble) and we had fresh fruit and yoghurt for dessert.

Meanwhile the Rat (Rodent, Weasel, whatever...) continues to deny any knowledge of the AWB involvement with Iraq. "It wasn't me... I wasn't there..." I almost expect him to say, "Check the roster," as one of my colleagues of long ago used to when accused of anything.

The bad news is that my laptop has decided it wants to close down when I'm not looking, and sometimes when I am. Or when I touch it in a particular way. Sometimes it doesn't respondbut mostly it does. I've sent off a message to the people I bought it from (remember that debacle? - thought to be fair it was the delivery people that time) -- we'll see what response they make.

*Sorry about the corny heading, but it's just been, you know, too darn hot to think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home