Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Food and travel

Things have been fairly quiet over the last few weeks - work is quiet, there are no rehearsals or German classes and so I have lots of time to myself. That will all change in a week or so, so I'm enjoying my quiet time.

On Monday Tat and B&P came for dinner. I cooked a couple of curries: lamb rogan josh and a vegetable one using a new spice mix I found at the supermarket. I also made a mango salsa to go with everything which was rather tasty. We finished with a fruit salad of pineapple (fresh), rock melon, passionfruit and raspberries (I love this time of year) with icecream. All very healthy.

We all had a good chat about travel; P&B are off in March to Spain and Malta. Our trip seems so far away but it's still fun talking about it. In between we watched the last episode of the Jared Diamond program at the end of which I thought I'd scream if he or the portentous voice-over said "guns, germs and steel" one more time.

Yesterday was uneventful, apart from a minor skirmish at work (details on application) and today, being Wednesday, I'm working the evening shift after having almost completely wasted a beautiful sunny day. Oh well, I'm sure there's at least one more on the way before we get to Sunday for which 41(!) is forecast.

On other matters this bloody government has ruled that Australian embassies and consulates must not provide certificates of singlehood (who knew they even existed) without first determining that they won't be used in a single-sex marriage overseas. I was always ambivalent on the gay marriage issue but the last couple of months of Howard and Ruddock (et al) is beginning to change my mind.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Frank - you need to change yoursettings so that the full blog entry appears in the rss feed.

11:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home