Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year

My best wishes for 2006 to all who visit.

Saturday, New Year's Eve, was a scorcher. After spending most of the day inside I set out for B&P's around 6.30. I opened the door and walked out into what felt like a fan-forced oven! Ghastly. Then I spent a lovely evening with P&B - we watched the celebratory fireworks from the upstairs window before I left for home.

Tonight B and I met P and DG in St Kilda where we had a quick meal before heading off to The George to see Good night, and good luck, George Clooney's film about Edward R. Murrow's investigations of Senator Joseph McCarthy and his House Un-American Activities committee. I found it fascinating; an effective reconstruction of an interesting period in American history, with many resonances for today. McCarthy spoke for himself through the use of documentary film.

Returned home to discover that the young people over the back are having a (very loud) party - the same lot I turned the hose on last year. Let's hope I don't have to repeat the spraying.

Good night, and wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home