Monday, May 23, 2005

While Mum is still in Cabrini, she is OK and quite bright. They were originally going to do a sigmoidoscopy on Friday but it was deferred until this afternoon. Ian tried to talk them into letting her go home for the weekend but they wouldn't agree; they were keeping her under observation.

When I visited on Saturday I bumped into my sister and her husband, whom I hadn't seen for ages. Then I dropped in again yesterday; this time Mum was less happy as they had her on a special "no solids" diet. She had to drink three large containers of lemon-flavoured drink and was only getting things like jelly to eat. Not fun. I stayed and did what I could of the Sunday Age crossword (having seen B's version in the morning, when we shopped, helped a bit) and we chatted about this and that. At least she has a couple of books to read.

I will call tonight to find out how the procedure went and hope to catch up with her on Wednesday morning (assuming she goes home promptly).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home