Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Another weekend gone

ON FRIDAY night DR and I went for a lovely meal at France-Soir in South Yarra, then on Saturday, after shopping, P and I went in to Fed Square to see the Bill Henson exhibition. What an extraordinary collection of photographs, particularly those in the second two rooms (yes, it was a big display). Mostly very dark, but references to other works and in many an amazing sense of unease.

Instead of lunching with Mum on Sunday I had a couple of singing gigs: first at the the Abbotsford Convent for their open day, then at a Tsunami fundraiser at All Saints St Kilda. Unfortunately at the Convent we had to sing outside which I always find very difficult; no acoustic feedback makes it really hard to blend and generally know what you're doing. All Saints was a much nicer experience - we left at half-time. AR said that when they went back around 5.45 the concert was still going!

On Sunday night I cooked Stephanie's chicken with tarragon sauce for P, B & D - it was very nice (if a touch fiddly at the end). All in all quite a busy weekend.

This morning I got up early to put out the cat - it was still dark and when I looked out into the garden there was what I can only assume to be a moth with luminescent wings. It certainly fluttered around like a moth and it was definitely palely glowing. Not reflected light - there wasn't much to speak of - actually glowing, white. A most unusual and beautiful sight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home