Saturday, December 18, 2004

Ensemble Gombert news

WELL, tonight's concert, which was broadcast direct on ABC-FM, went off really well. I expected the first half to go reasonably well (well, except for the Palestrina which I'd sung only twice before), but the second half, Britten's A boy was born exceeded all my expectations.

To those Melbourne readers who aren't doing anything tomorrow afternoon I recommend you come to our next performance: 2.30pm at Xavier Chapel.

In other matters, work has been a bit frantic with injury, illness and annual leave resulting in very few people to cover shifts -- one of our number, JL, was hit by a car while riding to work on Wednesday afternoon and spent a few days in hospital. He has not broken any bones, but I understand he has severe tissue damage and may be off for several weeks.

Went shopping this morning as usual, followed by a very tasty lunch of Bruce's leftover rabbit casserole. Yum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home