Wednesday, December 08, 2004

End of the holiday

BACK TO WORK tomorrow. I realised the other day that I've had about seven weeks of leave this year, most of which I've been away; no wonder there's not much money left in my bank account.

On Monday Tat kindly took me to the wilds of Nunawading where I picked up my new DVD player and DiscMan. The bastard(s) who took the old DVD player ripped out the leads breaking off the pin of the RCA plug in the socket so I actually had to buy myself a pair of pliers to remove the stub before I could set up the new machine. I'm sure they will come in handy.Today I found out that Creative no longer market a 30Gb Zen in Australia so I'll just have to settle for 20Gb. Heigh ho.

Yesterday evening I sang carols for a company Xmas drinks event at the Abbotsford Convent. I parked my bike at P&B's so afterwards I could race down to Richmond to rehearse for next week's Gombert concert. Britten's A boy was born is very scary. This Sunday brings more carols (by candlelight, this time), again at the Convent and this time with the Salvation Army Band; the few readers in Melbourne I haven't already told about this should make it their duty to turn up (6.30-8.30) and have a good sing.

Today I had lunch with Deb in Smith St. It was lovely catching up with her; we nattered on for ages about everything and nothing.

The weather is still damp, but not cold. I hope it clears up for the weekend as I don't fancy singing in the rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home