Tuesday, June 01, 2004

I'm ready for my close-up...

Managed to get out of the office at lunchtime today as we were having some picutres taken of the choir for publicity in the Herald-Sun. Tat picked me up which made life a bit less hectic and we made our way to St Mark's Fitzroy where we had some jolly snaps taken. Let's hope they get a run.

The cough continues but I think it might have started to wane -- famous last words.

Listening to: Die Walküre (Solti) Yes, still. As my listening is usually limited to 20 minutes or so travelling to and from work it can take a while to get through large works like this. I've made it through Act II this last couple of days and remain impressed by this recording. Nilsson's laser beam voice is extraordinary, but it's not just about accuracy and clear tone, her performance has a dramatic urgency not often experienced. Hotter is also amazing; while the voice is perhaps not as steady as it had been, he sings with great humanity -- the soft singing in particular is most affecting. On to Act III and The Ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home