Monday, April 26, 2004

I think I'm in for a cold time -- P&B came for dinner on Friday night and in the course of the evening I turned on the ducted heating. It ran for about 30 seconds, then turned itself off. I've tried again since but without success, although I haven't tried moving the thermostat indicator past 20 degrees.

This morning I rang the company and after a wait of some minutes got on to a woman who said she'd book me in for a service call, on 26 May(!). She suggested I might try calling when I get home and they may be able to talk me through a few tests. Here's hoping it's easily fixed. In the interim I've emailed Tat asking if she has a spare heater I could borrow.

The weekend was lovely with the high point being a birthday dinner for Stuart T (39) at European, near the Princess Theatre; good food, good drink and good company. To Mum's on Sunday -- she's still much the same; her back is playing up at the moment. I feel so helpless that I can't do anything to ease her pain.

B rang in the afternoon asking me round for dinner: real sotto ayam (as opposed to the fake one he often makes, though I don't know what's fake about it) which was delicious. We watched the "Lawrence of Arabia" show on the ABC, then caught up with Friday's episode of "Hunt for the hidden relic" on tape. It's a bit stretched out, but I'm quite enjoying it.

Reading: Bearbrass by Robyn Annear
Listening to: Orchestral music by Howard Hanson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home